Thursday 1 June 2017

Kaju Katli (Veggie Delights)

         
                                            Kaju Katli (Veggie Delights)



             You may wonder kaju katli, but how veggie delights, yes kaju katli in the shape of vegetables. During my childhood days, my mother used to get this from Buhari Sweets occasionally. It was shaped like tiny carrots, tomatoes and even apples.
             I wanted to try  these kaju veggies for a long time but was hesitant to use food colors. But I convinced myself saying Being First Anniversary of my blog yes!!. It has been a year since I started blogging. To celebrate it I made this kaju veggies.
             Coming to the recipe, you need to be little creative, everyone of us might have played with clay, making odd things. So likewise using this kaju dough make veggies.

Cuisine: Indian Sweet
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes

Ingredients:
Whole Cashews: 1/2 cup
Sugar: 1/4 cup
Milk Powder: 1/2 cup
Water as needed
Ghee: 2 tea spoon ( For smearing in hands)
Food color: Orange and Green ( 1/2 a pinch each)

Method:
1. Dry roast the cashews and cool it down completely and pulse it in a mixie jar to a coarse powder.
2. In  a pan add sugar and water till it immerses and put it on a medium flame and stir it continuously till it reaches 1 string consistency.
3. Put off the flame and add the powdered cashews and mix it well, add the milk powder and knead it well. It comes to chapati dough consistency.
4. Before it cools completely, divide it into 3 portion, add orange food color to 1 portion and green to another portion and have the remaining as white.
5. Make or shape it into tiny carrots, raddish and cauliflower, smearing little ghee on your palms.
6. Now it is ready to serve.



Note:
1. I stays well for a week under refrigeration.
2. It is optional to add cardamom, if you wish you can do so. I did not use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment