Thursday 18 August 2016

Pani Puri

    A famous street food found all through India, but the name differs, it is called as golgoppa in Delhi and in Mumbai Panipuri. Usually it served with boiled potato, raw onion and sprout filling with pani over flowing.
     In my previous post, I have mentioned how to make puris. In this the assembling part.When my Geetha chithi ( My Mother's younger Sister) and her family stayed in Satatra, near Pune, we went for holidaying there. That was the time when I heard of the name Pani puri. My cousin Harish mentioned this very name and he said, he is going to eat that evening.
    I was wondering what and how it would be, saw my cousin relishing it. I did not even try to taste it. I felt the pani puri very alien and reused to taste it. Even in my dream, I have never thought I would make at home.
   Here is the recipe for it.
                                                           Pani Puri


Cuisine: Indian
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
For Pani's: 10 minutes
Boiled Potato: 10 minutes 

Ingredients:

For Green Pani:
Coriander leaves: 2 tea spoon
Pudina leaves: 2 tea spoon
Green chili: 2 nos
Pani puri masala: 1 table spoon
Water: 1 litre

For the sweet liquid or Pani:
Imili chutney: 1 table spoon
Panipuri masala: 1 table spoon 
Water: 1/2 litre

For Stuffing:
Big boiled and mashed potato: 3 nos
Finely chopped Onions: 1 big
Sprouted moong dhal: 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste

Method:
1. In a mixie jar add the washed coriander leaves, pudina, green chili and grind it in to fine paste.
2. Transfer into a bowl, add water, pani puri masala and mix well and keep it aside.
3. Take imili chutney in a bowl, add enough water and pani puri masala and mix well and keep it.
4. Mash potatoes and add chopped onion, sprout dhal and salt mix well and keep.
5. Now assembling, break puri on the top using a spoon or with index finger, fill in the potato mixture and pour pani either sweet or spicy one. of your choice and serve immediately.




Note:
Imili chutney recipe, I have mentioned in my Vada Pav post.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment