Wednesday 17 August 2016

Pani Puri's

       Recently I saw a video in the FB of how puri's for pani puri made, shocked me. I googled to find recipes for it, saw 2 to 3 recipes and finally derived one. I have previously tried pani puri recipe during 2015 summer in a very small quantity. This time for posting recipe, I ventured to make nearly many puri's.
       Usually I have the habit of trying recipes of food, which I have tasted in restaurants. By trail and error method, I somehow reach the taste to 95 % as my son says. He likes the taste of the food although.
       Now to the recipe
                                                          Pani Puri's (Puri)


Cuisine: Indian
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Resting Time: Half an hour 
Cooking Time: Half an hour

Ingredients:
Cheroti Rava: 3/4 cup
Maida: 1 table spoon
Baking Powder: 1/2 tea spoon
Water as needed
Oil for frying
Salt to taste 

Method:
1. Take cheroti rava in a wide bowl, add salt, maida, baking powder and add water little by little and make into soft dough.
2. Let the dough rest for half an hour till all the moisture is observed by the rava.
3. Make tiny marble sized balls out of it.
4. Roll out in to puri's of even thickness.
5. Place a kadai on the stove and pour in enough oil for frying.
6. Heat oil over medium flame, when the oil is hot, drop in puris 3 to 4 at a time.
7. Wait till it puffs up and now gently flip it.
8. Fry till it attain golden yellow slightly with brown spot on it.
9. Drain oil and take it out.
10. Cool it completely and store it in air tight container.





Note:
1. While making the dough it can even be sticky, as the cheroti rava will absorb the excess moisture in it.
2. It stays well for a week, you can even refrigerate it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment