Tuesday 12 December 2017

Masala Peanut Pakoda or Kadala Kotta Pakoda


               Masala Peanut Pakoda or Kadala Kotta Pakoda



          I never knew a snack called kadala kottai pakoda existed before my marriage. I tasted this at my husband's cousin's place, where they served it as an evening snack along with tea. It was store-bought one. But after that I tried to make it, but was always a failure. Sometimes it turned out soggy, at times hard, burnt.
         After many tests and trails, I got the perfect masala pakodas. I have tried this recipe many times at last, I am posting it in my blog. 

Cuisine: Tamilnadu
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes 
Yields: Serves 3 to 4 

Ingredients:
Fresh Raw Groundnuts: 1 cup
Rice flour: 1& 1/2 tea spoons 
Besan flour: 1 teaspoon
Garam Masala: 3/4 teaspoon
Chilli powder: 1/4 teaspoon
Salt as needed
Asofotedia: a pinch or more
Water as needed
Oil: enough for frying

Method:
1. Take the raw peanuts in a wide bowl, add in the flours, salt, chilli powder, garam masala, asofotedia and mix well.
2. Sprinkle little water and rub using your fingers. Let the flour coat every peanut.
3. Let it stay for a while.
4. In the meantime heat enough oil for frying over medium fame.
5. When the oil is hot, gently drop in the masala flour coated peanuts, carefully and fry it.
6. When it becomes golden brown, drain excess oil and take it out. Place it on a tissue to remove oil, if any.
7. Let it cool down completely (ie to room temperature).
8. Enjoy it as anytime snack.








Note:
1. Masala peanut may appear soft and chewy, while it is hot. Once it is cooled it will be firm and crisper.
2. It stays well for more than a fortnight.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment